Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Are we embarrassed of Love

The experts say it is healthy for couples to be affectionate to each other at all times. Out in public, holding hands, little smooches and hugs, all that they say is ok.

If that's true, Then why are we as a people get so embarrassed when we see public display of love and affection by others?

On my way home from work on a train with standing room only, a couple came on, she held him around his waist and he held on to the pole, but their little play of affection made quite a few people uncomfortable. People were clearly trying not to look at them and from body language one could see how uncomfortable they were. Two stops later another couple came on and they were even worst. They were kissing (smooches) and fooling around with each other's hair and clothes while sharing an ipod.

I was amusing to me to see how many adults had a negative reaction to them.

Are we to show love and affection for each other only behind close doors? I for one don't think so. My partner leaves home at 4:30 in the morning. I get home at 6:30 to 7p.m. at night, that leaves us very little time together. As long as there are no indecent behavior I will let him know that I love him wherever I am.

No comments: