Thursday, May 13, 2010

Scribbling/Doodling/Jounaling

I'm not a loner by any means. I have my Friends and my children who I'm very close to; but there are some things that I don't or can't discuss with anyone so I write them down.

I was in a bad marriage for a long time and I think my children knew. Looking back I can truly say that scribbling has helped me to keep my sanity. There are times when I would just sit and write about how I was feeling, what I would like to see change, and how I wish my life was.

I never kept a journal because I did not want anyone to ever read what I wrote (sometimes I still got in trouble from my doodling) so I would write on whatever scrap of paper I had.

When my dad past away, I was having a really bad time and a friend (a Pastor) encouraged me to keep a journal and whenever I am having a bad moment or feel panic I should just start writing. I was surprise at some of the thing that came out in my writing, things that I was struggling with unconsciously. It has helped me to come to terms with some of the issues I was dealing with.

I still doodle/journal but not on a regular basis, I have a lot of positive people in my life.
But if you have something on your mind that you can't share with someone, doodle, writ it down and see what happens.

1 comment:

Abeni said...

For sure been doing it since i was a little girl. It works