Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Daughter Writes

I cannot remember I realize that my older daughter loves to write. All I remember is that from an earlt age she would write short stories and poems. I 1998 won a poetry contes for a poem title "Why Should I' with her permission I will share it.
Why Should I?
by Jennifer Nicole Coissiere
Why should I sacrifice myself,Just to please you?Why should I cheat on my guyFor a little bit of pleasure?Why should I let you,Charm your way into my life?My friends stand beside meMy man always guides meSo, why should I tell a lie?Why should I disguise myselfAnd, why should I take a chanceOn loosing everything,And getting nothing else?Why should I live a life of fantasyAnd why should I be a painting on the wall?When all I wanted was to be loved by all.

Since then she as written several poems and more short stories and a book I hope she will have publish soon. She calls herself a closet writer.

Her latest is contributing author in the anthology "Women's Writes" (piblished)

She is always sending me her stories to read and they always leave me wanting more. She has met this wonderful woman who has encouraged her and supports her, to her I would say "thank you"




Women's Writes can be found at Barnes and Noble...........It's a good read.

No comments: