Thursday, November 18, 2010

Travel and Security......

We all want to feel safe when we travel, right? So why is the news that there will be tougher screening at the airport including patting down is met with such reluctance.
The TSA is not out to get everyone who is traveling, just the ones that should no be.

Since 911 I have traveled some and it never takes me more the three to five minutes to go through the gate once I get there. I know what not to bring with me on the plane and so those items get in my check luggage or left at home. I also wear light clothing and am ready to take my shoes off. When I travel in the winter I have my socks on.

All beeping items I put in the bowl then go through the scanner with ID in hand. If a bra hock or a pant/skirt hock goes off, no worries a wave of their wand or a pat here or there and I am done. I pick up my stuff and I am on my way.

When we create excitement at the gate, we also create an opportunity where the wrong person can slip by when too much attention is on us.

We must remember that most of the security personnel are as uncomfortable as we are but when we cooperate with them they are able to do their job more efficiently.
If we do our part by following the rules, be patient and give ourselves enough time everyone will get through the process that much faster.

We should all try to do our part, no matter how small to make our country a safer place for all.

As the holiday season begin, travel safe, and travel smart.

No comments: