Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Do you know the State you live in?


When I came to this country I was twenty two years old. I had left my beautiful Jamaica behind me. Every now and then someone would ask me something specific about my Island paradise and I did not know. I had never visited all the wonderful places and sites that visitors would come to my country to see, therefore I did not know my own country.

I promise myself that, that would not happened again, but due to my business NY life I have not had the time to keep that promise, however, starting this spring I will be on a mission to visit as much sites in New York as I can before leaving this beautiful state. The first place I am going to see is this subway station.

It was built in 1906 and was later abandon in 1945 because no too many people used it and also because of the curve in the station platform there is a gap between the train and platform which makes it a little dangerous.

In 1995 the city planned to turn it into a museum but that plan never gets off the ground. So if you are visiting New York and have the time, take the #6 train to the last stop and stay on and while it makes that loop to go back uptown you will see what only a few people in NY knows about, a piece of NY history that is buried underground, as it is not opened to the public.

No comments: