Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Going back to Jamaica

Well it's been two years and seven months since I was there last. It was a very sad time for me; I went to say goodbye and to lay to rest my beloved father.
Going back will be bitter sweet for me because daddy won't be there but since I am not really going home, I am going for a happy occasion (my sisters' wedding), I hope I will enjoy my visit.

This is my first sister and she always have a special place in my heart so when she asked me to be her matron of honor at her wedding I was honored.

We are sisters by father only and she has two other sisters out there, and because I am not good with their mother, I was surprised when she asked me.

So on August 27th I will be taking a trip back first the first time after daddy's passing, but since It is not about me, I am going to be the best big sister I can be and hope that her day will be one of happy memories for years to come.

1 comment:

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren Threadin' Along,
What a generous gift of love to give to your sister; your willingness to let her day be about her. If your sister can see beyond her mother's feelings towards you to include you in her wedding, it means you are indeed blessed. Travel safely and acknowledge your blessings.
Bless Up,
Lady Roots